The client is offline due to RuneScape update. You may see instance errors but this is due to the update and not actual instance errors. This should be resolved soon. Join our Discord for more information.

ADivorcedFork SW Application

• Script Writer

Reason & Motivation: Previously applied this past summer. I think I've improved a lot since joining RSPeer and I would like to have to have the flexibility to release scripts as premium as well as free. Been active in RSPeer's community for more than 7 months and want to be able to continue to contribute.

Experience: Software grad. 7+ months scripting for RSPeer.

Scripts:
    https://gitlab.com/rspeer-public-sdn/adivorcedfork/forks-aio-construction.git
    My construction script is my most recent release that I would like to release as premium if I am able to get script writer, as it has the same or greater features than premium scripts in the same category. I think it shows my improvement compared to earlier scripts, although there are still a few areas I know I can improve/refactor.

• Contributor Sponsor Staff Director

Dear ADivorcedFork,

Thank you for submitting an application to join the script writer team. I believe that you qualify for the script writer rank as you demonstrate sufficient knowledge to satisfy the requirements. You are encouraged by our staff team to continue producing good quality scripts which are both premium and free. I've left a few small tips below

• e.paramString().startsWith("KEY_RELEASED") can be replaced with e.getID() == KeyEvent.KEY_RELEASED
    • Similarly, keycode constants exist within KeyEvent too! See KeyEvent.VK_F9
    • Use == to compare enum types
    • The API offers a Distance.sort method
    • I'd suggest shortening the duration of some of your timeouts when using sleepUntil where possible - if a player is ever interrupted by some external factor then these timeouts will slow down the script!

Kind Regards,
    Spencer

Users

Topics