A few potential factors caused by the client that could be causing bans [RSPeer developer please read]

• Hi

EDIT: JUMP TO SPENCERS COMMENT (2nd post)

When using RSPeer, and other bots, I noticed a few things.

I believe Jagex may be changing model IDs whilst you're playing, to trick the bot into clicking another model, their system might watch for a while and do it a few times to be sure, they may even only do this after 2/3 hours of playing so as to hide the detection method... An example of this is say you're tanning hides in al-kharid, Jagex will see that you've been running back and forth doing the same thing for an hour, so if they change the model ID to the NPC next to the tanner, and you just so happen to switch to that NPC then it's very likely you are a bot, they may do this 2/3 times before being certain... I figured this out after learning a bit about how bots are coded (the logic tree), after seeing the bot for some reason click the wrong NPC I thought why did it do that? Surely the bot coder didn't even add that NPCs model ID to the bot... and I thought perhaps bot developers (and bot users) never notice this because who watches their bot right?

Ok here's another one, I tested out Java in the past and seen that Java has the capability to do nearly everything, so Jagex must be able to see the Windows program titles, all Jagex would need to do is get the name of every bot I.E. "RSPeer*,OSBot* etc." and when they see you have that program open they will flag your account and in a few hours they will ban you, again they don't ban you instantly because it's a way to prevent the bot coders from testing/trying new ways (I know a bit about fraud prevention systems, and this is one method they deploy to prevent fraudsters from learning what they did wrong, and what to do right)... They may also do this with item IDs and game object IDs.

I noticed that bots in RSPeer are able to click NPCs which are not visible (clickable), this seems really, really bad... Here's why, with a simple bot Jagex could tell it to: Is player interacting with NPC > Yes > Is NPC visible > No > Action: Ban bot in 40m - 70hrs, it's so simple to detect this behaviour is what I'm trying to say, instead zoom out camera all the way and adjust camera till visible (other bots have chosen to do this, so why not RSPeer?)

Instantly pasting in the username and password... Do I even need to explain this one?

Instantly interacting with an item in the inventory, again...

Repeating the same interaction I.E. clicking trade with NPC, running towards the target and then clicking trade again and again... It's odd behaviour that a normal person wouldn't do, it also increase the chance for mis-clicks.

Could Jagex be changing the coordinates and then watching to see if you click there?

If I think up of anything more I'll let you know.

Thoughts?

• Well for the IDs you mentioned, that's why we use the NPC name and not the ID for most things.

• Script Developer Sponsor Staff Director

I believe Jagex may be changing model IDs whilst you're playing, to trick the bot into clicking another model, their system might watch for a while and do it a few times to be sure, they may even only do this after 2/3 hours of playing so as to hide the detection method... An example of this is say you're tanning hides in al-kharid, Jagex will see that you've been running back and forth doing the same thing for an hour, so if they change the model ID to the NPC next to the tanner, and you just so happen to switch to that NPC then it's very likely you are a bot, they may do this 2/3 times before being certain... I figured this out after learning a bit about how bots are coded (the logic tree), after seeing the bot for some reason click the wrong NPC I thought why did it do that? Surely the bot coder didn't even add that NPCs model ID to the bot... and I thought perhaps bot developers (and bot users) never notice this because who watches their bot right?
    No. Model ids are not used, most bots use index (id) or names

Ok here's another one, I tested out Java in the past and seen that Java has the capability to do nearly everything, so Jagex must be able to see the Windows program titles, all Jagex would need to do is get the name of every bot I.E. "RSPeer*,OSBot* etc." and when they see you have that program open they will flag your account and in a few hours they will ban you, again they don't ban you instantly because it's a way to prevent the bot coders from testing/trying new ways (I know a bit about fraud prevention systems, and this is one method they deploy to prevent fraudsters from learning what they did wrong, and what to do right)... They may also do this with item IDs and game object IDs.
    Obviously we have studied how the game client works, they do not do any of this

I noticed that bots in RSPeer are able to click NPCs which are not visible (clickable), this seems really, really bad... Here's why, with a simple bot Jagex could tell it to: Is player interacting with NPC > Yes > Is NPC visible > No > Action: Ban bot in 40m - 70hrs, it's so simple to detect this behaviour is what I'm trying to say, instead zoom out camera all the way and adjust camera till visible (other bots have chosen to do this, so why not RSPeer?)
    Please see: https://forums.rspeer.org/topic/91/what-makes-rspeer-better-than-other-botting-clients/

Instantly pasting in the username and password... Do I even need to explain this one?
    Nothing is recorded by the game on the login screen

Instantly interacting with an item in the inventory, again...
    Please see: https://forums.rspeer.org/topic/91/what-makes-rspeer-better-than-other-botting-clients/

Repeating the same interaction I.E. clicking trade with NPC, running towards the target and then clicking trade again and again... It's odd behaviour that a normal person wouldn't do, it also increase the chance for mis-clicks.
    no

Could Jagex be changing the coordinates and then watching to see if you click there?
    no

Please read, ask questions or use the search feature on the forums or Discord before making such assumptions

• Script Writer

These kinds of posts tend to scare away RSPeer newcomers. If you have never developed a bot for a game before, defer to the staff's judgement. They know what they're doing and have a lot more to gain from running a successful botting platform than stealing osrs accounts, give them some credit.

• @Spencer I appreciate your response, but after seeing that you said no to my idea that Jagex could be changing the coordinates I feel as though you aren't open-minded... Why exactly could Jagex not do that? Is the coordinates something they can't actually change?

Jagex obviously have some method of detecting bots... Why is it these game developers are able to beat a team highly skilled coders? Why are their main detection methods still unknown?

@Di_k-He_d They are known, to some extent anyway. Naturally they would not be shared with the public

• Director

You have to think of it this way:

Jagex and their developers are not some kind of magical entity. They have to use the same techniques to build their software as any other game company. This means that everything going on can be reverse engineered to an extent.

The bot developers reverse engineer the client and de-obfuscate it as much as possible to be able to read through exactly what the RS client does and when it sends data.

On top of that, wireshark is used to sniff packets and see exactly when they are sending data out of the client. You can assure no data is being sent by the client UNTIL you click login, etc.

• @MadDev i have had 10 bans on the walk from lumbridge jusst trying to get to the GE to give the account a bond but its almost all instantly locked there all old lvl 3 accounts aged like a year i have never had this issue with other clients i really wanna switch to rspeer full time cause its potential but i cant figure this out.....

• Donator

@Klone most likely you are having this problem due to not having logged into those accounts in over a year... now you login (probably from a different IP) and so Jagex locks the account thinking its stolen, thus requiring you to verify the email.

This has nothing to do with RSPeer and everything to do with general account security.

//edit IF they are getting "BANNED" - possibly your IP is flagged. I can say out of hundreds of accounts NONE of them have ever been banned sooner than 24hrs of botting.

@Klone Account locks are probably caused by the proxys you use or the way you create accounts. This is confirmed to not be an RSPeer specific issue, or any client specific

• This post is deleted!

• @Spencer yea my bad I ended up figureing it out the problem was on my end I paid for proxies that were supposed to be from the US and when I searched the IP location it came up as India so I bought a new set from a different supplier but R.I.P 20ish lvl 3's 😞

• @Klone u can easily get locked accounts back bro, all u have to do is confirm the email, go onto osrs site and sign into the locked account, and they will show u how to unlock it easily

• @Klone Go on PlayerAuctions, there's always people selling packs of 10x/20x tutorial island accounts, some are really old and still have usernames instead of emails.

(They're really cheap, they're the cheapest OSRS accounts on the site, set the price to low to high... Will only set you back $5).

• @Di_k-He_d said in A few potential factors caused by the client that could be causing bans [RSPeer developer please read]:

I used some shitty bot (RSBot I think) once with the window title changed to OSBuddy, got banned next day anyway.

• @andr3sas This kinda proves that other bot client developers agree with my ideas... How RSPeer developer knows more than them I don't know...

• Donator

I don't think you understand what you are talking about.

• @DaylightDies I just wanna see the hard evidence that proves Jagex can't for example see that the game is minimized or change coordinates to trick you or see window titles

Jagex are catching people somehow and I reckon they can ban whenever they want... I noticed that my accounts that I actually paid really money for aren't banned but the trials one are... Odd no?

• Or does Jagex's system have to cycle through all the players one by one? Which is why it takes a while to catch you?

Is there a thread where people propose ideas on how Jagex can spot a bot? I'd like to see that so I can try all the different ways people can think of.

@Di_k-He_d You can see this by decompiling the game client. Also, anything they can see is already easily spoofed by us.

Users

Topics