The client is offline due to RuneScape update. You may see instance errors but this is due to the update and not actual instance errors. This should be resolved soon. Join our Discord for more information.

How to use quick start args with the client, without the launcher

• Director

How to use quick start args with the client, without the launcher.

The client itself supports being launched with quick launch args without going through the launcher.

There are a few caveats with this method.

• You must have already logged in at-least once so you have a valid session. (The bot does not auto login, the launcher does that.)

• The client must be downloaded and in the RSPeer folder.

• The client can not auto update itself, so it will be up to you to automatically update the bot as needed. (The launcher provides this functionality.)

Step 1: Build out the configuration

The launcher accepts JSON input for configuration.
    This is the payload that is expects.

PLEASE NOTE: THE PAYLOAD IS CASE SENSITIVE, the field names must be uppercase.

{
      "RsUsername": "MadDev123",
      "RsPassword": "rips",
      "World": 82,
      "ScriptName": "Manly Chopper",
      "IsRepoScript": true,
      "ScriptArgs": "-tree yew",
      "UseProxy" : false,
      "ProxyPort" : 80,
      "ProxyIp" : "",
      "ProxyUser" : "MadDev",
      "ProxyPass" : "FakePass",
      "Config": {
        "LowCpuMode": true,
        "SuperLowCpuMode": true,
        "EngineTickDelay" : 0,
        "DisableModelRendering" : false,
        "DisableSceneRendering" : false
      }
    }

Lets break it down a little bit.

Key Value
    RsUsername Your runescape accounts username.
    RsPassword Your runescape accounts password.
    World The world you would like to automatically be set.
    ScriptName The name of the script to run once the client is loaded.
    IsRepoScript Set this to true if you are loading a script from the repository to prevent conflicts with local scripts.
    ScriptArgs A raw string passed to the script you are starting, you can enter anything here, its up to the script to use it.
    UseProxy Set to true to start the client with a proxy
    ProxyPort The port of the proxy, must be set if UseProxy is enabled.
    ProxyIp The ip of the proxy, must be set if UseProxy is enabled.
    ProxyUser The username of the proxy for proxies that require authentication (Optional)
    ProxyPass The password of the proxy for proxies that require authentication (Optional)
    Config.UseSuperLowCpuMode Enable super low cpu mode. (Overrides UseLowCpuMode)
    Config.UseLowCpuMode Enable low cpu mode. (Overrides disable model and scene rendering)
    Config.EngineTickDelay Set a delay between game engine ticks for lower cpu (Recommended 0-50)
    Config.DisableModelRendering Disable rendering of models for lower cpu and ram (low cpu does this automatically)
    Config.DisableSceneRendering Disable rendering of scenes for lower cpu and ram (low cpu does this automatically)

Step 2: Upload or put the configuration into a file.

The client supports three methods of receiving the quickstart json payload.

• Absolute file path to a .txt or .json file containing the payload.
    • An http url returning the json.
    • A base64 encoded string of the json payload.

For this example, i will be using an http route returning my json configuration:
    https://api.myjson.com/bins/n8cfe

^ This is a great site to host json for things like this.

Step 3: Open your command prompt / terminal and launch the jar with arguments.

You'll need to find the RSPeer client .jar, which is located in either your home folder on Mac OS / Linux, or in My Documents on Windows.

Mine is at: /Users/maddev/rspeer/cache/rspeer.jar

Now that we have our jar location, lets open up the terminal and execute it with our arguments.
    We just need to pass in the configuration location prepended with -qsArgs argument.

java -jar /Users/maddev/rspeer/cache/rspeer.jar -qsArgs https://api.myjson.com/bins/n8cfe

or

java -jar /Users/maddev/rspeer/cache/rspeer.jar -qsArgs "/Users/maddev/Desktop/Dev/rspeer/rspeer-client/config.json"

Once you start the client, it should read your configuration file and apply it.

Please post below if you have any issues or questions.

Thanks!

• ty, this worked like a charm! now, do you mind posting a screen shot of how to build the payload if one wants to boot more than 1 client. the way you did in the original post so that we can just copy paste it. thanks again! 🙂

• is there a way to allocate memory using quickargs?

• Director

@burundanga Not currently, it doesn't pass VM args.

But you could just make a bat file that does.

• teh client opens but the proxy doesnt work.. tried a fake one

• Director

@Ion You tried a fake proxy and your complaining it doesn't work? Am i missing something?

• @Ion try one that isn't fake and see if it works, lmao

• the client works with a fake proxy.. meaning it doesn't work

• Director

@Ion Gotcha, i miss read what you said.

Anyway, it should apply the proxy always, could I see the json you used?

• seems to work now http://myjson.com/k2iwk ;d ty~

• @MadDev is there a way to boot multiple instances using this method (without going through the launcher)? if yes, how does one build the payload to do so?

• Director

@Burundanga No since the client can't launch clients itself. You could create a .bat file to run in a loop though to do it.

• This post is deleted!

• It has worked for me using this configuration. it is the one that creates the launcher.

{
    "UseProxy": true,
    "ScriptArgs": "tutorial",
    "RsPassword": "falsepass",
    "ScriptName": "Rickk's Tutorial Island",
    "ProxyIp": "184.178.172.23",
    "ProxyUser": "",
    "IsRepoScript": true,
    "World": 81,
    "ProxyPort": 15294,
    "RsUsername": "otheracc",
    "ProxyPass": ""
    }

my big problem I have to close and start again if I want to run another scrips. when you stop the launcher and try to start another script it gets stuck making the RSPeer action panel useless

• @Ion wat

• Is it possible to use this CLI method to change the script the bot is running without closing the client?

• Director

@BotsRUs said in How to use quick start args with the client, without the launcher:

Is it possible to use this CLI method to change the script the bot is running without closing the client?

Not as this time, QS args are only run on startup of the client. It is something i've considered adding to the bot panel though.

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

Users

Topics