Paid / Premium scripts coming soon, we should like your feedback.

• Director

Paid scripts are in process, we would like your feedback on how you should like to see it work.

Currently we are thinking the following:

• Monthly instance pricing (instead of onetime lifetime price). This would help
      issues with people purchasing a $30 script that the scripter only supports for a month and then goes MIA. This way they can purchase the script and not have to expect its supported forever.

• Instance limiting? Not sure much on this, would like more opinions. If we did monthly instance pricing, we would likely do instance limiting on this. As in, if a script is $3 monthly, we would allow the scripter decide how many instances this allows. Example: $3 purchase = 5 instances of the script per month.

• Should purchasing premium instances override client instances? As in, if you purchase a premium script instance, should you also have to purchase the client instance? My current vote is no, you shouldn't have to, but i'm not sure yet.

Please leave your comments below if you have any thoughts.

• #Monthly payments.
    #Cheaper for fewer instances.
    #No you should not have to purchase a script instance when you purchase a premium script.

• Script Writer

yes to the first two, no to the last one

• as the ones stated above, yes to the first two, and a no to the last one.

• Yes
    Yes
    Don't care

• Instance limiting? Not sure much on this, would like more opinions. If we did monthly instance pricing, we would likely do instance limiting on this. As in, if a script is $3 monthly, we would allow the scripter decide how many instances this allows. Example: $3 purchase = 5 instances of the script per month.

0 support for this idea, instances should cost a set amount per month and not be dictated by scripters that makes zero sense to me. People should pay for instances plus scripts on monthly basis.

• I think premium bots should definitely have instance limiting controlled by the author.

The only way it makes sense for instances to override client instances is if you don't allow premium bots with more than 1 or 2 instances per auth. So I'd say you should still have to buy client instances just to avoid that issue.

• Sponsor

This is how I look at it, yes charge per instance for the client. As for scripts depending on the in-depth progress of the script should limit how many instances you get per month. I don’t think the client instances or script instances shouldnover ride one another. If you pay for 10 instances and the script gives you 20, you shouldn’t not be able to run 20 scripts. Run this as a business model.

• 1st one is necessary.

second one doesnt matter because you can just set each instance to be whatever price you want.

third one doesnt matter too much since you can just remove the instance cost from the scripters payout.

• Should purchasing premium instances override client instances? As in, if you purchase a premium script instance, should you also have to purchase the client instance? My current vote is no, you shouldn't have to, but i'm not sure yet.

This gets weird since people could just make a premium script for < 75c/instance/mo and get around paying for instances, but on the other hand if that's disallowed it sets a price floor on premium scripts.

• Script Writer

If this is heading towards gold farmers i'd say that it's best to set instance limits per purchase, like Mad said, example bot 3$ = 5 instances, and in order for the user to use more accounts, he would have to also purchase more instances on it's own, it shouldn't be included in the script price

no - you should have to pay. that's a goldfarmers galore then.

Instance limiting? Not sure much on this, would like more opinions. If we did monthly instance pricing, we would likely do instance limiting on this. As in, if a script is $3 monthly, we would allow the scripter decide how many instances this allows. Example: $3 purchase = 5 instances of the script per month.

im down for instance limiting on gold farming / money making scripts. Powerleveling scripts not so much.

• Script Writer

This post is deleted!

1. Yes, no lifetime payments.
    2. Guess only for the gold farming stuff set limits.
    3. No, you should pay for the instances you want to use.

• @MadDev

1. Monthly payments. Seriously. No lifetime. Lifetime auths mean huge messes. It would be fine to do 3 and 6 month auth options, too.
    • This way, the scripter has to support the script. Script is broken for the last 5 days of a monthly auth? Refund. Easy peasy. Enforce quality standards.

1. Yes. You have to allow this. Why would anyone make a zulrah bot that lets anyone run a mass goldfarm for 75 cents per client? Charging for client instances and script instances is going to be a pain, but you must figure out a way to do it. Otherwise, premium script prices will get out of hand. They will be inflated because the scripter is basically selling unlimited instances.
    • If you want cheaper scripts, you must allow the scripters to set limits.

3. No, assuming clients stay at 75 cents per instance. If they go too high in price, allow premium scripts to override the limits up to maximum of 5 or something.

1. monthly duh
    2. author discretion
    3. let people pay the 75c/instance no matter what script

• -Monthly payments are best.
    -but tbh instances are sad if you are writing scripts and have a couple of scripts on SDN.
    -No.

• @MadDev

• I think monthly subscription to a bot is the better choice of the two. I think much more people will pay something like 1-5$ a month instead of 30$ one time fee for a bot they might only need/use for one month. As well as being able to perhaps try out several bots before subscribing to the one you like best.
      It will also motivate the bot writers, like you said.
      HOWEVER - is it not an option to let the bot writer choose? Buy once, or subscription based. Obviously this would be the "best of both worlds". Or maybe not - "buy once" would negate many if not all of the instance related possibilities I will discuss.

• I think instance limiting is fair if the price is fair. However it does create some complexities in the next point, but - that's for the next point.
      I think it's fair for gold-farmers having to pay more for using the bot more. No casual botter needs more than 1-3 instances and if someone's making money off of the script - enough to justify however many instances of it running - I think it's fair that bot writer gets compensated for the work as well.
      Fixed rate such as 3$ = 5 instances is fine. But even better would be a tiered system. I would especially like to see an option where 1 instance is free, for example - but if you want more you have to pay for it. On the other hand it would be nice if bot dev could choose it the other way around - first instance 5$, each following 1.50$, for an example.

• I think that's a decision you would have to make. If I were in your shoes, I'd say no overriding. Depending of course on how your monetizing model is setup it would make no sense to allow a script to override your (seemingly) main source of income to keep this going. There are three sides here, and every side should be happy - client developer, bot developer, end-user. I honestly think that overriding client instances is a stupid idea as it seems like it will harm yourselves - client developers.

I think there are ways to do it fair and transparent - which is always the best long-term. Some ideas I have, and I know they are probably controversial and not the perfect models, but just some ides that are perhaps not of the mill:

a) Embed client instance pricing into script instance pricing. This would basically mean that free scripts are limited to 3 instances, always. And RSPeer gets a fixed per instance cut on every bot subscription - even if under 3. I think this is interesting approach because it would mean that massive gold-farms would have harder time exploiting free bots. And also - there would be incentive to offer premium bots for these gold-farmers and alike even if free alternative is on the market. This would mean bigger returns to both kinds of developers (bots and client).

b) A model where bot developer would be rewarded for his scripts running on premium instances is interesting in my eyes. Lets say we increase the prices of client instance from... 1$ a month to 3$ a month - for example. BUT - even authors of free scripts are able to earn income when their scripts are ran in premium instances. Give them a cut of that.
    Kind of a hybrid model of - per month billing for end-user, but per hour reward for bot devs.
    I think this would benefit a lot if free instances would be limited to 1 (which in my mind would be fine), but would work either way. And you could make it able for bot devs to ask extra monthly subscription, or a one time fee to access the bot for those extra premium scripts (No script instance limit, but extra income per premium instance running + the extra cost/monthly subscription)

I think this would be very interesting model, as it would be very versatile and easy to understand model for end-users. Allowing the user not to become locked into one specific bot, and try several. It would also probably boost the amount of free scripts and their quality - bringing in new... lets call them "customers".
    Better scripts for casual botters, and free trials for varying degrees of gold-farmers.

Obviously there are more standard methods to do this, but they're probably discussed a hundred times, so I won't bother to write on them.
    Feel free to catch me on discord if you want to discuss this further. I'm not checking into forums too often.

• Yes
    Yes
    No (due to saying yes above)

• if instance price is not going to increase more then 1$ / instance, i see no problem buying Script with 5 instances + purchase +2 instances from rspeer to run all 5 clients.
    But if instances are going up to like 3$ lets say - then it's going to be way too expensive to buy script with 5 instances for lets say 15$, then buy another 2 instances for 3$..
    now if i want to run 3 different scripts with 3 instances each..it's going to cost too much in total.
    Consider bans / accounts cost / proxys into that and you have big pile of cash for couple bots running.
    And i really hope that Proxys will not be limited for users without VIP. There is nothing more bad then be able to run script, run instances but not really be able to run anything because you can't use proxys forcing to buy VIP or w/e it's called just to run one bot for few hours here and there.

Users

Topics